Saturday, January 12, 2013

My first real weekend!

My first well deserved weekend. (preorientation weekend didn't count). I woke up at the first time at 7 am  to a strong stomach ache, after going to bed at 1am (WHATEVER IS IN THE WATER STOP DOING THIS TO ME!) Then I actually woke up at 11:30am and made some pancakes. So, let's be honest. I hate the pancakes I have here. They don't taste like home so I might abandon them. It didn't help that I read an article on how margarine is essentially an atom away from being plastic (which doesn't actually make a difference. I know because I understand basic biochem)  and guess what I used on my pancakes? Margarine.  After this I took a run to campus to the bank only to find that they are closed. One day I'll take a picture from the top and bottom of this hill for reference. So I trotted to the gym and had a nice workout. I returned home, took a shower and started my studying. For lunch I realized that I didn't have anything in my fridge so I made a ham and cucumber sandwich... which I actually enjoyed. It was refreshing!

 I'm glad I took this while studying  :-P (and not on facebook)


 After several hours of faceb... I mean studying I took another trip back to campus to hit the ATM and go to the beach to watch the sunset. Well, on the way to the beach I  couldn't believe my eyes... I had to rub them to make sure, but there was a pick-up hockey game being played. YES of course I joined in and had a good time. I met a few people and now I look forward to playing intramural hockey. SCORE!   After putting away the equipment I walked to the beach where the sun had just set over the Caribbean sea.  And here are the pictures:








When I returned home I stopped at the store and bought some cheese, coca cola, and a large water jug for emergencies, and TANG to make pseudo orange juice. My breakfast has been missing something!


Some people have made the comment in the last few months like "how are you going to study when it's like summer all the time?"  Others have said " oh, med school is going to be real tough in a tropical paradise" The true answer is discipline. I will need to assert an outrageous amount of discipline. But when you see the pictures above just down the street, sometimes I wonder myself how I am going to study. I am beginning to like it here. The best part about being here is that the real distractions (aside from facebook) are really at a minimum. For that reason especially is why I think I have the capacity to do well here.


Here's my buddy back again!
who needs a pet when they just keep coming back!



Thanks for reading :-)

1 comment: